Saturday, October 24, 2009

Alex arrives, town looks scruffier


I'm in Salamanca today, reputed to be the most graceful town in Spain. Then i arrived on the oily bike:) The amphitheatre this morning was evocative but this place feels more like a showcase. Beautiful but unreal. While my almost total lack of Spanish is not hindering me in everyday things it is isolating. Even/especially in Morocco people were game for a conversation in broken French. Be prepared for me to talk everyone's ears off when i get back.

3 comments:

  1. Glad it's not just me that felt like that in Spain, its weird when you have noone to share an experience with B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trip Alex, sounds like you have really streeched both yourself and the bike, fantastic for a self build!
    Rickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Machine & pilot seem to be holding up well. Raining here and dark before 5pm. Rush back.
    Simon M

    ReplyDelete