Friday, October 16, 2009

Return Journey

After two weeks of heading south my route has doubled back for the first time. I'm now starting to think about my return route and about dates and times for the first time on the trip.

Keith and I parted yesterday. He is going to Fez and I would like to see some more of the country before I head back to the cities. I enjoyed travelling and chilling with him, I hope he makes it to the music festival in Mali.

I arrived in Tinghir yesterday but felt so tired that I went straight to bed. It wasn't just that I had to pick the bike up twice but also a dodgy stomach that has been playing up nearly since I arrived in Morocco. Today I'm trying to sort it by drinking lots of water and not doing much.

The ride here was notable only for the spectacle of the Saharo mountains rising up on one hand to face the High Atlas on my other side. The towns were the usual mix of frenzied taxis, sleepy pedestrians and haphazard mopeds. All intuitive though because of the water-like flow that everyone takes to get where they are going.

Photo's later if I can find a different internet cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment