Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Outside my Comfort Zone


Before I headed to the cities and then to the ferry port I wanted one last adventure in the mountains. I got two for the price of one. The above photo was from the first slightly misguided piste and Flickr shows the second.
The above piste had a very rough section that spooked me so that on the way back I tensed up and fell off. No damage to speak of and I enlisted the help of two kids to right the bike. Strangely the fall seemed to relax me and the rest was completed without incident. And yes it really is as scary as it looks.
I spent the night near a spectacular waterfall and planned an easier route for the following day, got a bit lost and ended up on a very well used piste to nowhere. At 8,500 feet the rock was black, the cloud low and the rain started to set in. It felt like something out of Tolkien.
I beat a hasty retreat before the road ran out this time and set course for Marrakesh. I'm here another night before heading north again.

2 comments:

  1. Golly! Scary stuff!
    Camp site looks amazing. Toby, Ila, Mark and I were gathered around the computer last night revelling in your adventures.
    You'll find the temperature much reduced from when you left Britain so be warned and wrap up well when you get closer , hard to imagine where you are now I'm sure! Becka

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting to read about what you're doing! Looking forward to hearing all your stories and seeing photos when you get back - Susan

    ReplyDelete