Saturday, October 10, 2009

Morocco!

There is blog post out there somewhere from last night that is waiting in the ether for 3G coverage. It will probably post in a couple of weeks... Today I am in an internet cafe instead waiting for my appointment with the scooter guys.

I chickened out of changing the tyres on the bike myself and asked the local scooter repair boys if they were able to change them. They looked at the bike as if it were some kind of monster with eyes wide before saying they could. More importantly while the rear wheel is off I will regrease the axle which is beginning to get hot and whine. All stuff I could do but better done in a workshop.

I am in a town called Taza 100 miles or so from Melilla, it is not really notable for anything but it is relaxed. After spending the day riding around with everybody staring and kids waving it was refreshing to spend the evening sharing the streets with the throng without being given a second glance.

The scenery is almost scarily barren, looking at the dusty hills strething on and on without shade or water to the horizon was sobering. I saw a temperature reading of 39 degrees C yesterday and it is one incentive to keep riding.

If I am being a bit quieter on the text front please do not be offended, costs have risen a bit on arrival in Morocco.

I hope to be heading to Midelt today providing all goes well with the tyres, I will update you at the next internet cafe. As always, there is so much to write about but time is pressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment